December 16, 2014

White Poodle, day 5

Plugging along... I worked on fixing the dog's nose, which I thought was at slightly the wrong angle and a little too far to the left. I fiddled with the color and moved the nostrils to the right a little... I don't know if I actually changed its position at all, though!

I also worked on the fur - making the underpainting a little lighter, and repainting the squiggles lighter, too. I'll have to go lighter still, I think. I also painted the legs and feet in more detail, and worked on the boat.

Working on this painting is kind of scary somehow... when I'm getting started, I have a feeling like I just have no idea of what I'm doing. Maybe it's because I haven't been painting anywhere else but in the National Gallery, and so every week it feels like the first time in forever. I look forward to the time when I'm able to spend more days painting, and stay in practice all the time!


(click on the images for a larger view)

No comments: