September 16, 2013

Cézanne's "The Peppermint Bottle" - done!

After taking the summer off from copying at the National Gallery, I returned today for Day 4 of my Cézanne copy. I didn't think I would finish it today - in fact, I was sure that I would need to come back for one last day on it. But surprise! It somehow came together and felt complete, and I knew I was done with it.

A museum visitor asked my permission and took my picture. When I asked her to email me a copy, she took another one and asked me to Smile.

It was a welcome change from people who just snap my picture all day without asking my permission! (I don't smile for them!)

The completed copy.

2 comments:

Taryn Day said...

It looks great, Amy! You look quite comfortable in that museum. Must feel like a second home.

Amy Mann said...

Thanks, Taryn! I guess I do feel comfortable there, I've been visiting that museum since the 60s! But I do get exhausted, just as I would if a constant parade of people tramped through my house!