May 17, 2019

Misse and Luttine, Day 13

Today my goal was to put in the trees on the right and the little plant in the foreground. But first, I saw that the black dog's coat had dried unevenly. Some areas were very dark and shiny, but most of it had dried dull and too light. So I repainted all of the black dog's fur.

Then I worked on the sky, scumbling a warm yellowish color over the too-intense blue, and painting in the spindly trees. I also worked on the landscape surrounding those trees.

I repainted the rock at the lower left that the name "Misse" will be painted on, and I put that plant with yellow flowers in the foreground. Then I went to lunch.

After lunch, I worked on the white dog's front paws, but in the process, they got a little too big. I'll have to fix them next time.

I put the white highlights in both dogs' eyes.

I *think* it's almost done! In two weeks, I will paint their names. I've been saving that for last.


click the images for a larger view

No comments: