July 20, 2018

Misse and Luttine, day 7

Today I was tired from not having had much sleep in the past week, so I didn't feel too energetic. Still, I managed to make some progress.

In the morning, I repainted most of the ground, adding the shadows and darkening the greens. I felt like I was painting with dirty colors, but my copy still looks brighter than the original. I also painted around both dogs' heads, because I thought they should be a little smaller. Here is my progress at lunch time:


Lunch was fun, because Roxane and I stumbled upon a room in the back of the cafeteria where kids were making art! We were invited in to either make buttons or postcards. We both opted for buttons! They had a badge-a-minute machine, and gave us paper circles to decorate. There were colored pencils and watercolor crayons on the tables. I grabbed a book about Cezanne and copied one of his self portraits. Here is what I made!


After lunch, I put the yellow on the trees' leaves near the column. I made a darker, warmer white for the white dog's coat by adding cadmium yellow and alizarin to the white, and scumbled it over the white dog. I think it's still too cold a white, but that might just be the way the light is hitting it. 


That's about all I got done today. Back in two weeks!

(click on the pictures for a larger view.)

2 comments:

tangled in the briars said...

Oh it’s coming along very nicely! I’m really sorry to have missed this day, but next time. Hope there’s a room of kids making art!

tangled in the briars said...

You are making some real progress here. I’m so sorry that I missed this day. Looks like work was done and fun was also in the mix.