July 6, 2018

Misse and Luttine, day 6

I've been able to get to the National Gallery every other Friday on a regular basis, thanks to my wonderful friend Roxane giving me a ride! (If I have to go in by train, I tend to bug out and skip my day for the slightest reason.) Because I've been getting down there every two weeks, I'm making pretty good progress on this copy.

This morning I again tackled those #@! columns. Now that I know there are TWO columns, I looked harder at them and figured out where my copy was wrong. I worked on the columns for an hour and a half, then stopped for lunch.


After lunch, I worked on the sky and trees. I lowered the horizon a bit more. I still haven't put in those tall, spindly trees in the distance on the right. I forgot to take a picture on the easel at the end of the day, so I photographed it in the Copyists' locker room, where I didn't have room to stand back and get a straight photo of it. Oh well, you can still see my progress in this cockeyed photo. Back for more in two weeks!

(click the pictures for a larger view.)

No comments: