April 1, 2014

Back to work! The Lackawanna Valley, Day 6!

I wasn't at the Gallery the past two weeks, between having to deliver a painting to a show on a Tuesday morning, and my son Alex being home on Spring Break last week - I didn't want to be gone all day while he was here. But I went back today. What gorgeous weather! What a difference from two days ago, when it was pouring snow!

Here is my progress for today - I painted in the tree, sketchily, and started "dirtying up" my greens, which were too bright and garish.

Here is how it was when I broke for lunch.
After lunch, I continued to work on the tree and started putting detail into the woods in the middle distance on the left. I worked on the train and the fences. I tried to make the figure a little smaller. I put the tree stumps in. Worked on the fences some. Then I got tired, so I quit around 2:30. I still want to work on the wooded area on the far right, and fix the roundhouse - it's too big. I think one more day and I'll call this one done.


No comments: