November 18, 2013

Breton Girls, day 4



Last Monday was Veteran's Day, so it's been two weeks since I worked on this copy. I had been feeling kind of bad about the painting the last time I was there, but today went better. While I was setting up, a visitor (I think she was French) stopped to tell me how much she liked it. When I made disparaging remarks about the girl's face, which I had painted in hurriedly last time, and which I hated, she said, "No, it's good! Don't touch it!" and asked for my card. That gave me confidence to attack the painting again.

As usual, I spent a long time mixing colors and ended up wasting a lot of paint. But I think I made good progress. Next week I will concentrate on the figures, and try to wrap this copy up.

(click on the images for a larger view.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pronto Press is a full-service printing company that offers customers a wide range of print services and the finest quality printing available anywhere, with affordable options to meet a variety of business printing needs. Whether it's simple black & white document or a full-color catalog or brochure, you'll find a printing solution that meets your project requirements at a price you can afford. Pronto Press is a network of highly-skilled and knowledgeable people, with cutting-edge technology and equipment that can match the level of speed, flexibility and expertise you require. And should you need large-scale printing services, Pronto Press has the resources to meet your needs.
Color Copies in Washington, D.C