July 20, 2023

Day 4, "Woman with a Red Zinnia" by Mary Cassatt


Today I didn't work on the face at all (maybe I'm hoping it will improve on its own haha), but I repainted just about everything else. I darkened the bench and repainted the entire background, and I developed the woman's clothing. I'll probably do it all again next week, as well. I can see that Mary Cassatt used thick paint, and I guess I'm being tentative, but my paint is of a thin consistency. I think I'll get braver now that I have the folds and pattern of the dress in place, so that next week I'll go over it with more paint. Then I'll have to pay attention to her hand that's holding the flower. I know its color needs to be darker and more neutral, and my drawing is a little off, but I'll tackle that when I get to it. I think it's coming along.

Click the pictures for a larger view.

To leave a comment, click on the link below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Amy!

Amy Mann said...

Thank you!