October 26, 2018

Misse and Luttine, day 10

Well, I made it in today, a little late, but I got there. Only thing was... I forgot my medium! Argh.

I painted with undiluted paint, which was OK, just not what I'm used to. I brought in some Yellow Ochre, which I usually don't have on my pallette. I do think that's what was missing in the white dog's coat. That, and the fact that Oudry probably used lead white, and I'm using Titanium, which is much colder. The Yellow Ochre did help. I worked on the white dog for about an hour, - I repainted her whole front half - the lights are laid on with many parallel strokes.  I also worked on the sky, deadening and lightening the blue. I started to feel like I was hurting it more than helping it, so I stopped after only an hour and a half. I also wanted to beat the rain home, which I did.



click the images for a larger view

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Amy! The white dog looks so good!