June 9, 2018

"Misse and Luttine" day 4

Yesterday I devoted myself to working on the white dog (Misse). I made corrections to the drawing in the area of her neck and front legs. I spent a long time mixing the colors in her coat, in the lights and shadow areas. I also mixed up a dark for the column she is in front of, so I could cut back into her form to correct the drawing. Here is how it looked when I went to lunch:

I was starting to reshape her head and paint her ears. My friend Roxane had driven me in today, and she took this picture of me at work:
After enjoying a nice lunch, Roxane went home, and I continued to work on Misse. I thinned and repositioned her legs, and added darks to the white areas of her head and body. But I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, and after about an hour, I was too tired to paint anymore.

The dark areas will serves as underpainting to scumble over with the light color. I'm happier with the front legs. I'll try to be more rested when I come back in two weeks.

No comments: