August 5, 2014

The Cradle, day 4

I haven't been to the Gallery in a few weeks because of other painting events (painting outdoors with the Loudoun Sketch Club and at a friend's house), but I got back into DC today and got right to work. My first order of business was to correct the baby's face, because mine looked like he had his cheeks puffed out. I worked for a long time, and I think I got closer. Here is a close up of the baby in Monet's painting, and then one of mine:

If you click to enlarge, and toggle back and forth between them, you can see where I am still off. Seeing them on the computer like this is really helpful in showing me where my mistakes are.

Here is the painting at the end of the day. I worked a lot on the cradle's drapery, and on the left-hand side of the background drapery. Still a ways to do, but maybe I'll be done in a week or two


2 comments:

Lorraine K. said...

Oh Amy it looks great! Lorraine

Amy Mann said...

Thanks, Lorraine!