June 3, 2014

Bazille and Camille, Day 3

I returned to the National Gallery after two weeks off. It was a beautiful day - I had to pull out my camera and take this picture of the Calder sculpture with a very unusual tree shadow outside the museum's 7th Street entrance:


Then it was time to get to work on my copy. The first order of business was to make Camille a little shorter. It was not as hard to do as you would think - I just painted the background down over her shoulders a little, and lowered her bun and ear and hair, and then brought the background color down over her hat - voila, she got shorter! Just a little, but it made me feel better.

Here is the progress I made today: I put in a good deal of the light green grass and leaves, and I repainted all of Bazille: his hat, face, clothes, hand, and walking-stick. I had thought that I might finish today, but I decided not to rush it. There's not too much left to do, so next Tuesday should be my last day on this one.




2 comments:

Lorraine K. said...

Amy,

Simply beautiful! Lorraine

Amy Mann said...

Thank you, Lorraine!